Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where Did Spring Go?

Whoa! Where did Spring go? It was downright HOT working in the garden this afternoon! I think I got overheated.

A good friend brought me some black-eyed Susans and hollyhocks from her garden today - yippee!! I got part of them planted, but the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

Because of the 80 degree weather for the past 3 days, I had to water the veggie garden and the new flowers and plants. Hopefully this will be the only time I have to water for at least one week because we're scheduled for rain starting Tuesday.

In the veggie garden, everything seems to be settling in. The cabbage, lettuce, brussel sprouts and strawberries look good and the onions are coming up. I applied some more straw around the plants and between the rows.

Tomorrow is another day ...

No comments: